For the dedicated, determined and competitive runners, the Half Marathon will take you on a scenic course along the waterfront, starting and finishing at Pelican Park. The 21.1km course follows the coastline to Scarborough, before returning to Clontarf. The Half Marathon event attracts local, national & international competitors each year.
|Race Date||Sunday 17 July 2022|
|Start Time||First wave - 6:00am|
|Start/Finish Line||Pelican Park, 101 Hornibrook Esplanade, Clontarf|
|Waves||Wave 1 (Elite): Less than 1 hour & 30 minutes Wave 2: 1 hour & 30 minutes to 1 hour & 40 minutes Wave 3: 1 hour & 40 minutes to 1 hour & 50 minutes Wave 4: 1 hour & 50 minutes to 2 hours Wave 5: Over 2 hours|
|Wave Start Times||Elite wave - 6:00am Wave 2 - 6.02am (approx.) Wave 3 - 6.04am (approx.) Wave 4 - 6.06am (approx.) Wave 5 - 6.08am (approx.) Please note the above wave starts are dependent on all previous waves starting on time|
|Age Categories||15-29 years 30-39 years 40-49 years 50-59 years 60-69 years 70-79 years 80-89 years 90+ years|
|Race cut-off times||3 hours from your start time. Cut-off times are enforced to ensure participant safety & the reopening of roads as per the Road Closure Permit.|
|Pace Runners||1 hr 30, 1 hr 40, 1hr 45, 1hr 50, 2h, 2h 15, 2h 30|
|Timing||Disposable Race Timing Chips located on the back of race bibs|
|Finishers Gift||Finishers Certificate & Finishers Medallion|
|Prize Money||1st Place - $1,000 2nd Place - $600 3rd Place - $400 Awarded to top Male and Female winners. Awarded on Gun Time.|
|Event Exclusions||Please note the following exclusions are in place for competitor safety: • Pets • Scooters • Bikes • Skates • Prams|
|Registration Cost||Details confirmed soon|
|Included Merch||J2J singlet - size can be selected during registration.|
Things You Should Know:
- To receive a 10% Team discount, registrants must join a team by Monday 2nd May.
- Entries from the Wednesday 29th June will not receive a personalised bib name.
- All registrations are subject to availability.
- Payment must be made via Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa) at the time of online registration.
- Refunds will be permitted only until Monday 18th April and will incur an admin fee. After this date no refunds will be permitted.
- Refunds are not permitted in the unlikely event that the J2J is cancelled due to severe inclement weather.
- All Race transfers must be finalised by 3pm on Monday 4th July, for shorter distance race transfers, no refunds are applicable. Additional costs will apply for transfers to longer distances - Find out more here
- Race packs must be collected and will not be posted.
- For full Terms and Conditions please click here
For more information please view the FAQs