Stay COVID Safe at Jetty 2 Jetty
IMPORTANT UPDATE (Thursday 15 July)
Following today’s announcement from the Queensland Government regarding the extension of mandatory face masks, please be advised that ALL attendees at the Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run on Sunday 18 July, are required to wear a face mask when moving around the race precinct at Pelican Park, Clontarf.
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors will NOT be required to wear a face mask when they are on the race course completing the race. The ‘race course’ starts at the start chute, and concludes at the finish chute.
Being COVID Safe is a shared responsibility. We want you to enjoy the race and stay safe. Please ensure you follow COVID Safe practices when attending this year's Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run – and let us run more events like this!
The key COVID Safe measures that all participants, spectators, staff, contractors, and volunteers need to follow at all times whilst onsite at Jetty 2 Jetty include:
Check in Online
If you prefer to leave your phone in the car on race day you can download the Jetty 2 Jetty QR Code HERE to check in online.
Maintain Social distancing
Social Distancing plays a vital role in slowing the spread of viruses. Please keep 1.5m between yourself and other participants at all times. Making sure you are starting at your allocated wave start time will help facilitate social distancing from start to finish of your race.
Stay home if you are unwell
- If you are feeling unwell or have a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath, please do not attend the race.
- If you have been in contact with a person with a known positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days please stay at home.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting the results please stay at home.
- If you have traveled overseas or interstate (VIC and NSW) and are require to quarantine under laws aimed for reducing the spread of COVID-19 please stay at home.
Wash your hands
Keep up the good hand hygiene, wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
There will be provided hand sanitiser throughout the event space.
Download the COVIDSafe app
Please download and set up the Government's official COVIDSafe app.
Follow COVID Safe instructions and messaging
Please ensure that you are following all instructions and announcements from our volunteers, staff, MC and race marshals. In addition, please keep note of and follow all COVID Safe signage. It is extremely important that all COVID directions are followed – the responsibility is on you to help us keep everyone safe!
In addition, if you feel unwell whilst at Jetty 2 Jetty, please present to the information or first aid tent immediately to be assessed by a first aid officer.
Other Jetty 2 Jetty COVID Safe measures
Please be assured that our team are working extremely hard behind the scenes to make sure that the event is as safe as possible for all those in attendance. In addition to the measures outlined above, please see below the additional COVID Safe strategies we have implemented to ensure that the key public health principles are upheld;
- Self check in via Check in QLD App - Please ensure you check in upon arrival to the event site. There will be a number of QLD Health QR Codes placed around the Event precinct for you to self check in. We thank you for your cooperation with this.
- COVID Safe Onsite Team – You will notice dedicated members of our team wearing green hi-vis vests that say ‘COVID Safe Team’. Their job is to monitor and enforce the key public health principles of social distancing etc. In addition, there will be security guards contracted to the event to assist with COVID Safe monitoring.
- Wave Starts – All races will have ‘start waves’, which will reduce the number of people at the start line at any one time (more detail to follow – keep an eye on competitor emails for instructions), and reduce congestion on the race course.
- Water Stops – Will be self-serve only, and tables will be separated. Competitors will need to take a cup of water from the table. Additionally, we are encouraging all competitors to bring their own water.
- Finish Zone – Competitors are not permitted to stop and congregate in the finish area – and there has been a layout change to reflect this. When you finish the race, please keep moving through the finish zone channel out into the event precinct.
- Spectators – Please keep your distance from other people, especially around the start and finish lines. We encourage spectators to view the race from along the course (maps available here), where it is less congested.
- Line Management – We have implemented line management strategies at all areas where lines are expected – including fencing and crosses on the ground. Please ensure you follow these line management prompts to ensure social distancing.
- Additional Cleaners – We have contracted an additional, experienced cleaning team to disinfect and wipe down all common / shared surfaces, such as the toilets (doors/buttons/lids), tables, start and finish chute fencing etc
- Additional Hand Sanitisation Units – Please note that there will be hand sanitisation units throughout the Pelican Park site precinct for use by attendees.
- PPE – There will be PPE available at the information tent for those that wish to use it whilst at the event. Furthermore, staff and volunteers working in high touch areas such as baggage and the fruit and water stations will be required to wear gloves.
- Right to Refuse – Please note that event staff have the right to refuse entry into the event space and the right to remove patrons from the event space who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
Please help us keep everyone safe by following the COVID Safe measures and rules implemented – we can’t do it without you! We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to an amazing (and safe) Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run!