Based on information from Queensland Health, it is NOT mandatory for entrants to be vaccinated to participate in the 2022 Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run. For more information please visit Queensland Health.
Stay COVID Safe at Jetty 2 Jetty
Being COVID Safe is a shared responsibility. We want you to enjoy the race and stay safe. Please ensure you follow COVID Safe practices when attending this year's Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run – and let us run more events like this!
The key COVID Safe measures that all participants, spectators, staff, contractors, and volunteers need to follow at all times whilst onsite at Jetty 2 Jetty include:
Maintain Social distancing
Social Distancing plays a vital role in slowing the spread of viruses. Please keep 1.5m between yourself and other participants at all times. Making sure you are starting at your allocated wave start time will help facilitate social distancing from start to finish of your race.
Stay home if you are unwell
- If you are feeling unwell or have a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath, please do not attend the race.
- If you have been in contact with a person with a known positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days please stay at home.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting the results please stay at home.
- If you have traveled overseas or interstate (VIC and NSW) and are require to quarantine under laws aimed for reducing the spread of COVID-19 please stay at home.
Wash your hands
Keep up the good hand hygiene, wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
There will be provided hand sanitiser throughout the event space.
Follow COVID Safe instructions and messaging
Please ensure that you are following all instructions and announcements from our volunteers, staff, MC and race marshals. In addition, please keep note of and follow all COVID Safe signage. It is extremely important that all COVID directions are followed – the responsibility is on you to help us keep everyone safe!
In addition, if you feel unwell whilst at Jetty 2 Jetty, please present to the information or first aid tent immediately to be assessed by a first aid officer.
Other Jetty 2 Jetty COVID Safe measures
Please be assured that our team are working extremely hard behind the scenes to make sure that the event is as safe as possible for all those in attendance. In addition to the measures outlined above, please see below the additional COVID Safe strategies we have implemented to ensure that the key public health principles are upheld;
- Wave Starts – All races will have ‘start waves’, which will reduce the number of people at the start line at any one time (more detail to follow – keep an eye on competitor emails for instructions), and reduce congestion on the race course.
- Water Stops – Will be self-serve only, and tables will be separated. Competitors will need to take a cup of water from the table. Additionally, we are encouraging all competitors to bring their own water.
- Finish Zone – Competitors are not permitted to stop and congregate in the finish area – and there has been a layout change to reflect this. When you finish the race, please keep moving through the finish zone channel out into the event precinct.
- Spectators – Please keep your distance from other people, especially around the start and finish lines. We encourage spectators to view the race from along the course (maps available here), where it is less congested.
- Line Management – We have implemented line management strategies at all areas where lines are expected – including fencing and crosses on the ground. Please ensure you follow these line management prompts to ensure social distancing.
- Additional Cleaners – We have contracted an additional, experienced cleaning team to disinfect and wipe down all common / shared surfaces, such as the toilets (doors/buttons/lids), tables, start and finish chute fencing etc
- Additional Hand Sanitisation Units – Please note that there will be hand sanitisation units throughout the Pelican Park site precinct for use by attendees.
- Right to Refuse – Please note that event staff have the right to refuse entry into the event space and the right to remove patrons from the event space who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
Please help us keep everyone safe by following the COVID Safe measures and rules implemented – we can’t do it without you! We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to an amazing (and safe) Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run!